This blog was originally set-up for the Tri-State Genealogical Society. Under the new leadership, this blog and the original web site are no longer officially recognized by the society; however, it is continuing to be maintained by its creator, John G. West.
A few more photos from the TSGS Annual Dinner Meeting... Harold Morganwas our guest speaker. He gave a very interesting slideshow "Evansville During the Depression." Program Chair Mary Lou Bevers introduced our guest speaker.
Before the program began, TSGS President John G. West welcomed everyone and presentend TSGS Certificates of Appreciation to Don Counts (photo at the Dinner did not come out). Don is holding his certificate in photo below. Don was recognized for his significant contributions to the TSGS Cruiser Blog. Don is a former TSGS President & currently serves as a Director of the TSGS Board.
In the photo below, someone made a comment that made us laugh! Connie Conrad was just presented a TSGS Certificate of Appreciation by John West for her on-going work in the Posey County, Indiana courthouse records. She has enlisted several people to help her and has worked several years on indexing, scanning and organizing files. She is making a significant contribution to Posey County researchers! [Bettie Cummings Cook, past TSGS President, is seen to the left in this photo.]
' 2010 TSGS Annual Dinner Meeting... With a good turn out and a great speaker, last night's event at Sirloin Stockade was enjoyed by all. In the first photo below, I had just presented Don Counts with a TSGS Certificate of Appreciation for his numerous contributions to the TSGS Cruiser Blog. From March 2009 to March 2010, Don made 40 significant contributions! In all 41 people sent in contributions during this period for a total of over 160 daily blogs which represented about 52% of the blogs that were published during that year time span! The other 48% came from me as blog master with the bulk of that as TSGS news. I am very pleased with the number of people who helped with the blog. Three others were mentioned as major contributors: Chris Myers, Linda Young-Niemeier & Taneya Koonce.
We recognized Brenda Jerome with a TSGS Certificate of Appreciation for her contributions to the Tri-State Packet and her 12 contributions to the TSGS Cruiser Blog. Three others mentioned who contibutes articles to the Packet were Larry Goss, Carol Bartlett & Gilbert Schmitt.
A Certificate of Appreciation was presented to Connie Conrad for her significant contribution to the genealogical world with her organizing & indexing records in Posey County, Indiana. Connie listed several of the people present that has helped her on this monumental project: Don Pierce, Janet Mann, Deb Travers, Vannetta McDowell
Below is pictured our guest speaker, Harold Morgan, and Claudette Pfingston (who sent me these photos). Mr. Morgan a noted local historian, lecturer, and author presented a very interesting slide program, "Evansville During the Depression."
The TSGS 2010-11 Officers Nominating Committee announced a partial list of the slate of officers and that they are seeking nominees for Secretary & Program Chair plus a few more Board Directors. If you are interested in serving or have a suggestion of someone contact any on the committee: John West, Doug Korb, Bettie Cook or Don Counts.