TSGS Cruiser Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

“TSGS 4-H Genealogy Project Award”

(click on photos to enlarge)


Last night Becky & I went to Boonville, Indiana to present the TSGS “Glenda K. Trapp Memorial Award” (photo above – click on photos to enlarge) at the Warrick County 4-H Achievement Banquet. The county has a committee that selects winners in a lot of different categories based on their 4-H participation and other activities in the community, school and other organizations.


In the above photo I am presenting the award certificate to this year's winner, Tyler Kroeger. She happen to be the Division 2 County Champion last year and received a Special Merit Award for her notebook exhibit at the Indiana State Fair. I judged her exhibit on the county level and thought it was excellent. I judged Division 3 exhibits at the State Fair and was pleased to see how well she had done at the state.


The above photo is a posed photo after the banquet to get a nice keepsake photo for our regular TSGS web page and for her (and her mother) to keep. TSGS has been presenting this award to several southwest Indiana county 4-H members over the last 25 years. I encouraged TSGS to provide this award and I have served as the TSGS 4-H Coordinator ever since... a job that I enjoy and feel it is an honor to get to meet and recognize these outstanding 4-H members.


This last photo is for another award that I present to 4-H members from the Indiana Society Sons of the American Revolution. I serve as the State Chair of the 4-H Youth Awards Committee. This young lady, Jean Ann Scarafia, won the SAR Outstanding Citizenship Award Pin. I am wearing the SAR member's badge on the neck ribbon and on my tie I am also wearing my “I Love Genealogy” pin and to even things out I wore my Indiana State Fair Judge Pin. - Compiled by JGWest

Photos taken by: Certificate - JGWest, Award Presentation - Dale Downey, TSGS Award Winner - Tyler's brother, SAR Award Winner - Tom Neeley.

No comments: