TSGS Cruiser Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Chalet Dedication at Burdette Park 23 July 1993"

.
At Burdette Park there are 5 very nice chalets ...

I have wondered about the dedication of one chalet for a long time, it is the only one with a thin metal plate that has tarnished somewhat. Here is what it says: "Dedicated to David S. Garrett July 23, 1993." I asked about him about 10 years ago and someone on the Burdette staff said that he was an employee who had died in an accident. Recently, I was at Burdette Park and noticed the plaque and took a picture of it with my new cell phone (below).
I checked the online Browning Database to see when he died and maybe what happened to him. Garrett died on a Sunday 07 Mar 1993 from a motorcycle accident onUS 41. He was 32 years old. He was an ironworker and carpenter at Burdette Park.

- Compiled by JGWest

No comments: