TSGS Cruiser Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Small World"

'

Oak Hill Cemetery Mausoleum...


This is the outside wall of the Garden of Memories Mausoleum in Evansville's largest cemetery, Oak Hill. You may want to click on the image below to see it better with a larger view. Note: that Roy Allen Buckner is next to Paul & Margaret Quick (to the right of his crypt). Roy was an old buddy of mine at Willard Library and a distant cousin on my Dad's Buckner line. Roy had been doing a lot of research on the Buckner family and shared most of it with me before he died. Now, coincidentally, Margaret was a Witty and another cousin of my father's. As far as I know, Roy & Margaret were not related, however. But here is where more comes into play... my wife Becky's birth family has a line of the Quick family that Paul was from, in fact, Paul Quick is Becky's birth father's first cousin!!!






-Photos taken & submitted by JGWest

No comments: