TSGS Cruiser Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

From My Email Box - "Links!"

'

I get several links from TSGS members, SAR/DAR members and from various email lists that I subscribe. I like to share as many as I can on this blog.

Bill Cook had sent me this one of some great Civil War photos in the spring of 2009 and were posted on this blog at that time. My good friend Carol Lantaff just sent the same link to that web site and since it has been almost a year and a half since it was posted, I will post it here again: http://www.mikelynaugh.com/VirtualCivilWar/New/Originals2/index.html This collection of photos are about 150 years old and are quite interesting (see the 19 Apr 2009 blog "For Our Civil War Buffs!").

Past TSGS President Virginia Aldridge sent an update to the Vanderburgh County, Indiana email list for the Cumberland Presbyterian Church Records on her site "The Tie That Binds". This is her links page that has some great research links and other very good links of genealogical/historical interest.

Recently, Jamal Masood (aka CuriousJM), a retired Chief Engineer, asked permission to use a couple of photos I had taken of New Harmony's Roofless Church that was posted on this blog on 18 Feb 2009: From the FIRST MATE's PHOTO ALBUM... CuriousJM has a very neat site "Travelogue of An Armchair Traveller" Visit his site and do some traveling in your armchair via your computer.

No comments: