TSGS Cruiser Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

A LONG Family Reunion - 1988

'
[I promised to edit the list of those who attended this reunion if anyone could add to it... thanks to Clint Hadden, Lori Hanes & Ron Emory, we have a number of additional names! - JGW]

Yesterday, was my 65th. Birthday!
I am glad to have made it this far in my journey and I hope to travel a while longer. I hope to enjoy many more adventures along the way!!! For a birthday present, I am posting a photo of the 1988 LONG Family Reunion. You will need to click on this photo to see it a little better.

Right in the middle of this photo with his hands in his pockets wearing a white knit shirt is Mom's brother & my Uncle Norman Long. To the left of him [looking at the photo] in all white is Doris Helen Long who married Frank Stepp... she is Mom's & Uncle Norman's first cousin. Their fathers were brothers - Doris' dad was John Logan Long while Mom & Uncle Norman's father was Byron Allen Long.

To find Mom is a little tricky, but I can use Doris Helen's grandson to help locate her (he was named after Doris' uncle Byron Long). Byron Wallace is the boy knelling to the left of the little boy with the stripped shirt & baseball bat. Looking up of him is a lady with a pink shirt & to her left is Carol Sue [Stepp] Wallace (Byron's mother & Doris Helen's daughter!) wearing a white shirt. Just between these two ladies wearing glasses is my mother Bernadine Long who married Gaither Glennis West (my Dad). Right behind Mom (slightly to the right & in direct line with young Byron Wallace and the lady in pink is my younger brother Donald Gene West. I did not get to go to this reunion... Mom said that Uncle Norman had a great time. It was his only time to attend and he died in May of the next year.

Here is a list of many of those who attended: Don West, Bernadine West, Norman Long, Carol Sue Stepp Wallace, Byron Wallace, Alicia Stafford, Rusty Wallace, Connie Stafford, Betty Blandford, Bradley Hart, Stephanie Weeks, Traci Smith, Andrea Bailey, Dianne Elpers, Brandon Justus, Doris Jean Hanes, Lori Hanes, Joyce Bercegeay, Gail Bailey, Kevin Hanes, Rebecca Diane Stepp Hadden, Alice Marue Barker, Lora Rebecca Justus, Beverly Jones, Michael Jones, Darlene Beyke, Doris Long Stepp, Mary Jane Strehl, Ronnie. Added these names to the list on 03 March 2012: Rebecca Decker, Daniel Cutteridge, Clint Hadden, Mike Jones, Stan Bailey, Lisa Justus Emory, Ron Emory, Eric Elpers, Frank Ryan Hadden, Paul Jason Hadden, Rebecca Hadden. There are still others not named, if any of the Long family can identify others, I can edit the list and add their names!

- Compiled by JGWest

No comments: