TSGS Cruiser Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

From My Mother's Scrapbook

.
My mother, Bernadine Long West, saved newspaper clippings and all sorts of interesting things. I came across some of her scrapbooks yesterday. What a collection of obituaries, stories, events, etc. She often added notes of how she was connected to that particular clipping. This feature will show-up when I do not have anything in particular to post here. I will call it "From My Mother's Scrapbook" and it will be dedicated to Mom.

Willard Library has long been associated with "The Lady in Gray" ghost and this newspaper clipping is the photo that accompanied an article by Marilou Berry in the Evansville Couier & Press (Sunday 06 Oct 1985)... "Maybe Ghost at Willard Just Enjoys a Good Book."

Miss Margaret (as all would call her - was the Children's Librarian) appears as a ghost in the photo while past Head Librarian, Willard Library Director Don Baker, reads about ghosts! Margaret Maier graduated with my mother at Evansville Central High School in 1939.

- Compiled by JGWest

[Dedicated to the memory of my mother, Bernadine Long West (1921-1997)]

No comments: