TSGS Cruiser Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

THE CAPTAIN'S LOG –
TSGS News

'

Today is one of those rare days when there is two blogs for one day!

Just like our wide-eyed frog seems to be saying, "Oh my, I almost forgot our March TSGS Meeting is coming up this Tuesday night at 7:30 PM at Willard Library!"

I hope none of you forget. Spring is almost here and it is time to get out and enjoy some better weather with some warm sunshine. Yesterday on Facebook several of my friends were running out to take photos in cemeteries for Find-A-Grave... Vannetta McDowell, Christopher Myers & Cheri Baumberger. My West Y-DNA cousins were fine-tuning a time line of some information that we plan to research in depth to dig out new leads for our common ancestor (yet to be discovered). My earlier post today was about the 2010 National Genealogical Society Conference. Yesterday I posted my preview of the new NBC TV series called "Who Do You Think You Are?" with a link to watch it online if you missed it. Spring always brings out a new flurry of genealogical activity as it does bringing out leaves, flowers and wildlife.

So, why not attend this month's TSGS meeting? After a brief business meeting, we will break-up into 3 groups for general discussions on the following topics: Discussion Groups (choose one) A) Court Cases, led by Brenda Jerome, B) Posey County Research, led by Connie Conrad, C) Vital Records, led by Mary Lou Bevers.

John G. West, TSGS President

No comments: