TSGS Cruiser Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2009

From the FIRST MATE's
PHOTO ALBUM...

"America 'Re-Cycling' as Never Before!"

(Click each photo to get a larger, better view of it)

Here is one of the most unusual fences that I have ever seen. It is "re-cycling" to a fault! This is a business along US Highway 231
between Greencastle and Crawfordsville, Indiana all just north of I-70 between Terra Haute & Indianapolis. I found this on my way to Wabash University to give a "Flags Over America" program for a DAR & three SAR Chapters in 2006. I had to stop and take photos of it. I was reminded of this fence yesterday as Don Counts, JD Strouth & I went up to Depauw University in Greencastle for a INSSAR House of Delgates State Meeting. All three of us are state officers and attempt to attend the four state quarterly meetings.

This is the perfect type of business to have such a fence... it is a junk car yard with lots of other re-cycables items: camper shells, trailers, etc. But the actual business is painting cars. Becky was with me on this adventure to see this great wonder of the world. She stayed in the car while I took these historic photos. I am not sure that she appreciated the value and "beauty" of this marvel & pure delight that I had found on that glorious day. Well, you have to admit that this fence is like none you have ever seen before!

Notice that the bigger bikes drop down to smaller bikes. They were all painted white and chained to metal stakes in the ground.

Photos taken by John G. West

No comments: