TSGS Cruiser Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tombstone Thursday – Bernadine & Gaither G. West


Alexander Memorial Cemetery, Evansville, Indiana
Bernadine Long (1921-1997) & Gaither Glennis West (1918-1973)
Married 09 Dec 1939

Mom was born and died in Evansville, Vanderburgh Co., IN and Dad was born in Ovil, Christian Co., KY and died in Evansville. They had three sons and a daughter, eight grandsons and, now, great grandchildren. Thanks Mom & Dad for all that you gave me. Although you are gone, you will always be in my memory and my heart. You were good parents and I pray I was a good child. Photo taken in Miami, FL at the home of my Grandma Gilkey in the 1950's (may be 1957). Notice the tall cactus next to Mom.
Photo submitted by John G. West

[Tombstone Thursday is dedicated in memory of Donald G. West 1952-2000]

Don was my little brother and Mom & Dad's youngest kid.

No comments: