TSGS Cruiser Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"We Got a Little Snow in Evansville"

I am a little late getting this online this morning, we had to dig out the car. As you can see there was a little digging to be done in the picture below. Thanks to my neighbor, I got to the car and it started right up. I figure this time next week, I might get to drive it out of this spot.

So, I had to walk to the office. In the photo below, I almost lost my lunch bag of yogurt! The doctor said my back will be as good as new in a few months.


None of the above happened to me... it is only a joke. But, it did take a good 45 minutes to get all the ice off the windows of the car. They decided to close the office today where I work, but I wanted to be ready to go in case of an emergency. I took the car around the immediate area (the side streets) and then on Kentucky Avenue and my little 4-wheel drive Pontiac Vibe did quite well, but I felt the wheels slipping as it went along. I saved the photos above for our first nice snow (we only got about 1-2 inches of snow on top of a lot of sleet and a little on top of the snow, but more is to come). During slippery, snowy weather, if you have to get out at all, please drive carefully and allow plenty of time and distance to stop.

The above photos come from Strange Dangers.com with all kinds of unbelievable photos like the two above. - JGWest

No comments: