TSGS Cruiser Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2009

THE CAPTAIN'S LOG –
TSGS News

.

4-H Genealogy Project Awards...

The Glenda K. Trapp Memorial Award Certificate was awarded to two 4-H'ers this week by TSGS President John G. West & Board Director Becky West. This award was created over 25 years ago by TSGS to recognize the achievements in the 4-H Genealogy Project for the area county 4-H programs. Becky & I are dressed in Revolutionary War/Colonial period dress, since I also presented an Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) Outstanding Citizenship Award in each county. I serve as the Indiana Society SAR 4-H Award Program State Chair.

(I apologize for the quality of the photos... my little camera is just not up to par... click on photos to get a larger image.)
Above is photo of the Posey County 4-H winner: Morgan Zoch presented at the Posey County Fairgrounds (04 Nov 2009).

These two photos were taken at the Vanderburgh County 4-H Center (06 Nov 2009). The 2009 Winner is Sean Armstrong.
Congratulations to these two young family tree historians!

John G. West, TSGS President (4-H Coordinator)

4 comments:

J. Trapp said...

I had no idea you issued a memorial fund in my mothers name!

JGWest said...

I assume this is James. The award is a Certificate of Achievement for 4-H Members active in the 4-H Genealogy Project. Your mother was a long time judge at the county fairs. After her passing, several TSGS members suggested a Memorial Certificate in her name.

I was a friend to your mother and created this web page in her memory: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~intsgs/gktrapp.html

I hope you like it.

John G. West, TSGS President

J. Trapp said...

Yes this is James! I saw the memorial page you made a few years back! I even wrote you an E-mail back than thanking you for creating it! I remember a lot of her stories from back then. Like her and Carol's encounter with "The lady in grey" at Willard library. To the pitchfork incident haha.. I remember going with her to the bindery as a kid. And I even vaguely remember you John! I was sitting here thinking the other day about how long ago it has been now since she passed away. She's been gone now for half of my lifetime and all that she has missed. And when I stumbled upon this I was blown away! Thanks John it made me smile!

John G. West said...

James, your mother was a special person. She made my wife & I laugh til it hurt on many occasions. I admired her for her dedication to genealogy especially as Editor of the TSGS quarterly, The Tri-State Packet and reading tombstones for the great 2-volume Vanderburgh Co. Cemeteries that Carol Lantaff & her published through TSGS. Merry Christmas, James.