TSGS Cruiser Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

From the FIRST MATE's


Evansville's Downtown Sears Store...

Opened on 05 Oct 1925, this store on 101 Northwest Fourth Street in Evansville, Indiana was the first Sears retail store not connected to one of the company's Catalog Merchandise Distribution Centers. The downtown store closed in 1975. Today the building is part of Old National Bank's operation in Evansville. This photo was taken on 13 Aug 1962 by Marshall Ross during Evansville's Sesquicentennial Celebration.
- Photo of this photo was taken by JGWest at the Evansville Museum where it is on display.

No comments: